We are no stranger to the Binance exchange, the most famous and prestigious exchange in the world. And today, I would like to introduce to everyone about Binance Labs, which is the largest and most prestigious investment and development fund for cryptocurrency projects in the Crypto world.
What is Binance Labs?
Binance Labs is a fund that invests in technical teams that build and support decentralized web. In addition to financial issues, Binance Labs can also provide technical or marketing support…
The fund’s head is Changpeng Zhao, affectionately known as CZ. He is currently the CEO and Co-founder of Binance. This world billionaire established Binance exchange after leaving OKCoin in 2017 with a total mobilized capital of $15 million. And it took him just 8 months to make Binance the largest exchange by trading volume.
The Binance Labs Fund was established a year later. Has only been established for more than 3 years, but Binance Labs has invested in 5 different content areas, totaling more than 100 projects in over 25 countries.
Binance Labs Team
In addition to CZ, Binance Labs also has an incredible development team that can be mentioned:
- Ella Zhang: Head of Binance Labs (Formerly Google’s Key Account Manager)
- Gin Chao: Strategy Officer of Binance Labs (Formerly VP of Strategy and Development for the NBA and Chief Strategy Officer of Dell)
- Ross Barbash JD: Mentor of Binance Labs (Founder of Blockchain Lawyers Forum)
Binance Labs Portfolio
5 content areas and more than 100 projects distributed in categories such as:
- DEFI + CEFI
- NFTs + Metaverse
- Wallet and Payment
For your convenience, the projects are divided into 3 sections:
- Token availability, Binance listed
- Token availability, not Binance listed
- Token unavailability
Token availability, Binance listed projects
- 1inch: A non-custodial DEX aggregator, built on the ETH network.
- Alpha: DeFi cross-chain platform, aims to create an ecosystem of DeFi products that are responsive and simple to use and access.
- Axie Infinity: A universe inspired by Pokémon, the famous P2E game of Vietnam.
- Alien World: A blockchain game of exploration and mining. In which players can own land, use tools and weapons…
- Band Protocol: The sizable oracle protocol behind Chainlink.
- Bittorent: A peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing protocol built on the TRON network
- Cartesi: Layer 2 infrastructure, aims at enabling complex and intensive computations.
- DoDo: A platform that provides on-chain liquidity using the Proactive Market Maker (PMM) algorithm.
- Elrond: A public blockchain with a fast transaction speed. Offers ultimate security, easy extensibility and interoperability
- FTX Exchange: Cryptocurrency derivatives exchange.
- Injective: Gives people full control over their money. Trade anonymously through a secure peer-to-peer exchange system
- Polygon: A layer 2 scaling solution using sidechains.
- My Neighbor Alice: Multiplayer builder game on blockchain.
- SafePal: Cryptocurrency wallet aims to provide a secure and user-friendly crypto asset management platform.
- The SandBox: Provides a virtual world on the ETH blockchain.
- Swipe : Payment protocol, debit card platform and wallet.
- Tellor: Decentralized Oracle on Ethereum.
- Terra: A decentralized stablecoin platform, with the ability to expand and shrink the supply in order to stabilize unit prices.
- TokoCrypto: The first digital asset exchange in Indonesia.
Token availability, not Binance listed projects
- Hopr: Data security project aims to secure user’s data and information.
- Biswap: The first decentralized trading platform on the market. With a 3-type referral system and the lowest trading fee on the platform (0.1%).
- Pancake Bunny: Farming profit aggregator and farming optimization on BSC. Getting involved in a $200 million hacking case that caused the BSW token to drop dramatically.
- Highstreet: The NFTs + Metaverse project, where brands can seamlessly establish a presence in the virtual world.
- MobileCoin: The project to develop a crypto payment platform on the phone
- Moonbeam: Smart contract platform compatible with Ethereum’s ecosystem and built on Polkadot’s network
- Plasm Network (Astar): An extensible and interoperable infrastructure for Web 3.0, built with Parity’s Substrate. It could be a Polkadot parachain
- Xend Finance: DeFi platform that optimizes and aggregates different DeFi lending protocols
- Bitsika: Protocol for sending money between Nigeria, Cameroon, Togo, Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal instantly from the phone. Issuing a virtual VISA card that can be spent anywhere online
- Playbread: A casino game aggregator that can pay with crypto.
- Celestia: A protocol that allows anyone to quickly deploy a decentralized blockchain without launching a new consensus network.
- Dune Analytics: Free on-chain data analysis site Ethereum Mainnet, Matic, Optimism and xDai
- Keylabs: An audit company that helps secure the blockchain by world-renowned security researchers.
- LayerZero: An omnichain interoperability protocol that unifies decentralized applications (dApps) on different blockchains.
- MathWallet: a multi–platform (mobile/desktop/hardware) universal crypto wallet that enables token storage of 60+ chains including BTC, ETH, Polkadot,…
- Melos Studio: A place where you can turn your personal products such as paintings, music.. into NFTs and make a profit from them.
- Nym: A decentralized, open-source project that allows developers to build applications that provide users with assurance against data leakage.
- Oasis Labs: Makes it easy to build your apps on blockchain. Oasis Labs provides a set of APIs that make it easy to integrate privacy and data governance.
- PhishFort: An app that protects customers, brands, and revenue from hacking threats.
- StarShark: A promising NFT-GameFi ecosystem blockchain game based on the BSC chain.
Binance Labs Portfolio Performance
Let’s take a look at the Profit from the beginning of the year to the present of some projects that Binance Labs invests in.
Binance Labs is an undeniably large and reputable fund. But it’s not right that investing in projects that Binance invests in will definitely be profitable. Even hacked projects like PancakeBunny have been split many times. Investing in the Crypto market is very risky, so in addition to the backer, you must research carefully before making an investment decision.