Alameda Research, the next name we want to bring to you about the series of large and reputable investment funds in the cryptocurrency market. Let’s get to the main point and see what projects Alameda has invested in and how the token growth performance is.
What is Alameda Research?
Alameda Research is an investment fund that manages over $1 billion in digital assets and trades $1-10 billion per day across thousands of products.
Products come from all major cryptocurrencies, as well as their derivatives. The investment fund has a global scale with the ability to trade on all major exchanges and markets.
Alameda Research Team
Founded in October 2017 by Sam Bankman-Fried (Founder) who is also the most prominent member of the team:
- Sam Bankman-Fried: Founder of FTX, one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges. FTX raised $900 million from Coinbase Ventures and SoftBank in July 2021 at a valuation of $18 billion. Making Sam become one of the richest under-30s in history.
- In addition, he is also an experienced trader with very unique strategies to develop the company.
Services that Alameda Research provides
Alameda Research is one of the few full-service crypto trading companies. They have sophisticated trading algorithms, fast traders, fiat support, and near-global coverage of crypto products.
This allows trading of hundreds of millions of dollars per day. Access to all major sources of flow and liquidity.
OTC trading provides the company with a large source of liquidity and low costs. OTC at Alameda Research offers: Tight spreads, Instant quotes, Zero fees, Fast settlement, No minimum trade size, Fast onboarding process.
Portfolio of Alameda Research
Token availability projects
- Solana: A decentralized blockchain built to enable scalable user-friendly applications worldwide.
- 1inch: A decentralized exchange aggregator (DEX) that searches for transactions across multiple liquidity sources, providing users with better rates than any other exchange.
- Alpha Finance Labs: DeFi cross-chain platform, aims to create an ecosystem of DeFi products that are responsive and simple to use and access.
- Dhedge: A place to manage investment activities on the Ethereum blockchain. Users can use their capital to implement different strategies.
- Coin98: DeFi solution that allows access to cross-chain swap, staking, yield farming transactions.
- Clover: One-stop blockchain infrastructure. EVM-compatible framework for Substrate-based applications.
- Mobilecoin: With the aim of making cryptocurrency transactions fast and easy for everyone. Meanwhile, protect privacy and decentralize.
- Oxygen: DeFi’s primary brokerage service built on Solana and powered by the Serum online infrastructure.
- Maps: A map application similar to Google Maps except for offline access. Maps 2.0 showcases products, financial services, asset storage, conversions, payments.
- Perpetual Protocol: A decentralized perpetual contract protocol based on Ethereum.
- Acala: Polkadot’s decentralized financial network and liquidity hub.
- Serum: The DEX and ecosystem bring unprecedented speed and low transaction fees to Defi.
Token unavailability projects
- StarkWare: The StarkWare blockchain service improves scalability and privacy in blockchains using STARK technology involving ZK-Starks, StarkEx, and StarkNet.
- Dune Analytics: Provides you with all the tools to query, extract and visualize large amounts of data from the blockchain.
- Messari: Crypto Research, Data, Tools.
- CoinMena: A safe and secure cryptoassets trading platform.
- Stacked: Manage your assets and instantly invest in pre-built portfolios and strategies from leading hedge funds and traders
- 3Commas: Ultimate tool for crypto traders to maximize trading profits while minimizing risks and losses.
- Consensys: Enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web.
Alameda Research Portfolio Performance
The projects invested by Alameda Research are almost all listed on major exchanges such as Coinbase, Binance, Huobi,…
Profit (YTD) is the profit growth from the beginning of 2021 to the present time. Prominent projects with outstanding growth can include some names such as Solana (SOL), Perpetual protocol (PERP),…
So that’s another top VC we’ve got you covered. When investing, in addition to being interested in products or solutions from the project, considering and evaluating the interest of large and reputable funds for the project is also an issue you need to pay attention to.
Hope the article is useful to you. Please read it for informational purposes only and not as investment advice.